The holiday season is almost upon us. It’s time to get out the eggnog and the ugly sweater and start filling your calendar with a wide assortment of holiday fun. As your premier agent for all your Vernon real estate needs, I would like to share some of the can’t miss holiday celebrations going on in and around the city this year.
Be sure to kick the holidays off on the right foot this year by being a part of the 26th annual Light Up celebration in downtown Vernon. This free, family-oriented celebration attracts over 5 000 people and offers a wide range of food options, live music and entertainment and of course a visit from Santa. Be sure to join in on the holiday fun from 5 – 8pm on November 30th.
This holiday inspired annual fundraiser is put on by the Vernon Community Arts Centre and is a one stop shop for unique, one of a kind Christmas gifts. This event features the best of the Okanagan’s artists selling the finest:
- Paintings and drawings.
- Glass, jewelry and pottery.
- Unique woodcarvings and Christmas ornaments.
Artsolutely runs from December 1 – 24 giving you plenty of time to find that perfect Christmas gift. Get out and support the community this holiday season at Artsolutely.
Historic O’Keefe Ranch
Over the course of the holiday season, the historic O’Keefe Ranch will be hosting an assortment of holiday inspired themes. Some of the themes include:
- Sleigh Rides – Enjoy a 15-minute ride through a winter wonderland. Sit back and bask in the glowing lights of the O’Keefe village and roast some s’mores over a blazing bonfire while sipping on hot chocolate after the ride. A great way to enjoy a traditional holiday celebration.
- Victorian Christmas – on December 1, join the O’Keefe Ranch for a Victorian Christmas celebration. This includes a Cowboy Church Service, a bonfire, tractor rides and holiday treats.
- Mistletoe and Glow – This newly inspired holiday event runs from December 1 – 31. O’Keefe Ranch has partnered with Viola Spa to offer a unique light show set to festive music.
The Winter Sleigh Ride Show/The Nutcracker
This spectacular retelling of Tchaikovsky’s famous holiday classic The Nutcracker in an outdoor setting. The story takes place in 5 separate outdoor arenas with the audience being transported to each one via a horse drawn sleigh. The show is approximately an hour long and runs from December 10 to January 4 of 2020.
These are a few of the wonderful holiday events that are taking place in the city. If you would like more information about these exciting festivals and events or would like to see some of the new real estate options that abound in Vernon, please contact me today. I look forward to working with you soon.
Happy Holidays from the Saltfowler Team.