At this point no Salt Fowler staff have contracted or been in contact with the virus that we are aware of.
Once the spread of the virus has stabilized, we are expecting a recovery to what we're seeing in terms of growth and activity both in the economy and in the real estate market. After that period of stabilization, we may even see greater demand as people feel a sense of security in real estate as compared to the stock markets.
In light of all that is happening currently, we would like to reach out to our clients and let you know the precautions and procedures we have implemented to protect the health of our clients and staff. Of course, these steps and the limitations imposed are evolving daily as new information becomes available.
We are conducting business as “un”usual, and although we are operating as remotely as possible. Please know we are still Open.
We are offering the following measures to assist buyers and sellers to get their real estate business done:
1. Utilize digital technology for signing.
2. Most of our Realtors and staff are working remotely from home.
3. Using the latest video-conferencing technology for ongoing meetings and discussions.
4. Using phone, text, email, Facebook Messenger, Video Conferencing and more to eliminate the need for in-person meetings as much as possible.
5. Using video, professional photos and 3-D virtual walk through technology to reduce most in-person home viewings.
The RE/MAX Vernon office has reduced hours and is at this point not open to the public.
However please know, our RE/MAX Vernon Salt Fowler group of Realtors are still operating and are continuing to market our listings for our Sellers who need/want to sell and service our buyers who need/want to buy.
For Our Home Buyers, we are taking the following precautions:
Buying Strategy Meetings:
- For those who are not comfortable with in-person meetings and would like to have a strategy meeting to start the home buying process, we are happy to arrange a Zoom meeting that will allow us to meet virtually and proceed with setting up searches for properties that match what you’re looking. We are happy to share many helpful tips and tricks for buying a home in the current and future marketplace.
- We are offering our Buyers the option to virtually walk through a property in real-time by leveraging technology such as Facetime Walk-Throughs, Whatsapp, Zoom or Skype – whatever works for you. We will visit the property personally (if allowed by the Seller) and will patch you in to do a virtual viewing or, alternatively, will take a video of our walk through to send to you after the walk through.
- If you wish to have in-person viewings of properties, please know that now is not the time to be a lookie-loo. Advance preparation is extremely important. We ask that you review all the photographs, video and any 3-D walk throughs online and drive by the property first. After your drive bys, should the home you wish to view make the short list, we will do our best to arrange a showing. We are required to fill out a form with respect to your health and it will be required to be returned to the listing agent prior to our showing taking place.
- If you or anyone in your family or any visitors to your home have been recently sick, are expressing any symptoms we ask that you reschedule your showing appointment. We promise to do the same.
- We ask that you wear a mask when doing an in-person viewing. We do have masks that we can supply to you for this purpose if you do not have your own. Gloves are also a good idea and highly recommended for viewings.
- We request that if at all possible, clients do not bring their children with them on showings at this time and if they must, to hold the child’s hand throughout the showing. If they happen to touch something, disinfect before leaving the property.
Writing An Offer:
- Any contracts signed or offers written will be presented and negotiated by telephone/email/video and signed virtually through our electronic signatures program.
If you are in the market and need or want to purchase during this pandemic, we can help. We have all the procedures in place to help you reach your goals safely and effectively. Please Contact Us today and let's get the home buying process started! We're still open!