At this point no Salt Fowler staff have contracted or been in contact with the virus that we are aware of.
Once the spread of the virus has stabilized, we are expecting a recovery to what we're seeing in terms of growth and activity both in the economy and in the real estate market. After that period of stabilization, we may even see greater demand as people feel a sense of security in real estate as compared to the stock markets.
In light of all that is happening currently, we would like to reach out to our clients and let you know the precautions and procedures we have implemented to protect the health of our clients and staff. Of course, these steps and the limitations imposed are evolving daily as new information becomes available.
We are conducting business as “un”usual, and although we are operating as remotely as possible. Please know we are still Open.
We are offering the following measures to assist buyers and sellers to get their real estate business done:
1. Utilize digital technology for signing.
2. Most of our Realtors and staff are working remotely from home.
3. Using the latest video-conferencing technology for ongoing meetings and discussions.
4. Using phone, text, email, Facebook Messenger, Video Conferencing and more to eliminate the need for in-person meetings as much as possible.
5. Using video, professional photos and 3-D virtual walk through technology to reduce most in-person home viewings.
The RE/MAX Vernon office has reduced hours and is at this point not open to the public.
However please know, our RE/MAX Vernon Salt Fowler group of Realtors are still operating and are continuing to market our listings for our Sellers who need/want to sell and service our buyers who need/want to buy.
We are taking the following precautions:
Covid Precautions For Home Sellers:
** For our current Sellers, please know we are still continuing to market our listings as per our 155 point checklist that we follow for each listing.
Market Evaluation Meetings:
- For those who are not comfortable with in-person meetings yet would like to have a home evaluation completed, or would like to list their home, we are happy to arrange a Zoom meeting that will allow us to meet virtually and proceed with your evaluation and/or listing. We are happy to share our marketing program with you online via Zoom or via video presentation.
- For those who would like an in-person evaluation, we can arrange that as long as everyone is well protected. If we are able to walk through your home a safe distance away, we are happy to arrange. We can provide protective masks if desired.
- We do ask that if you or anyone in your family or any visitors to your home have been recently or are expressing any symptoms we ask that you reschedule your appointment. We promise to do the same.
- We have received an order of masks that we will be using ourselves and will provide to our buyers to ensure safety. If you request, we will ask the same of the buyer’s agent that shows your home and will offer to provide masks to the buyer’s agent if they do not have their own. All our masks will be used from brand new, or after being sanitized through a high grade UV lighting system that we have purchased for this purpose.
Marketing Your Home:
- Nothing here has changed. We market our listings as per our 155 point checklist that we follow for each listing.
- Our photographer/videographer/3-D virtual tour person will wear a mask and gloves when photographing your home. We ask that the home already be staged for his arrival, as he will not move any of your items. We also ask that you vacate the home while he is on site, whenever possible.
- In addition to our Professionally produced photos and video, we are offering all clients a Matterport 3D Walk Through. This technology allows potential buyers to virtually walk through your home, step by step, without stepping foot inside. This is our first step in ensuring anyone who requests an in person showing is serious.
- To see an example of one of our current Matterport 3D virtual tours click here: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=MM7Z8WthKD4
For In-Person Showings of Your Home:
- Please know that we do NOT require any seller to allow an in-person viewing. The viewing will only take place with your explicit consent. Please know the choice is entirely yours. Due to our Errors and Omissions insurance not covering Realtors for any Covid-19 issues, our office does require a waiver signed by Sellers (and Buyers, and any renters) in order to proceed with in-person showings.
- We request any agent with a client showing symptoms to refrain from showing at this time.
- We also have asked for agents not to bring clients on showings if they have returned from a high-risk area within the last 14 days. Every buyer’s agent must provide us with a health form filled out and returned prior to a showing.
- We encourage Realtors to remind clients to refrain as much as possible from touching surfaces during a showing.
- If at all possible, we are requesting the property be vacated during all showings, for everyone's protection. We understand this may not always work with the elderly and infants in a house, but less interaction right now is the best interaction. If that is not possible, alternatively keeping a distance of 6 feet at all times, or not sharing a floor of the property while we work is highly recommended.
- We ask that clients do not bring their children with them on showings at this time or if they must, to hold the child’s hand throughout the showing and if they happen to touch something, disinfect before leaving the property.
- We have restricted our showing schedule to one group at a time, eliminating overlapping showings.
- We strongly encourage homeowners to leave any closet doors open and lights on to avoid any unnecessary touching. Please also be sure to wipe down all doorknobs, light switches, and faucet handles after showings as an additional measure.
- Any showings by any member of RE/MAX Vernon Salt Fowler will ensure any surfaces are wiped down after showings.
- We will not be hosting open houses or Realtor tours other than virtually and will do our best to limit showings to only those who are ready, willing and able to purchase at this time.
Offers on Your Home:
- Any offers on your home will be presented and negotiated by telephone/email/video and signed virtually through our electronic signatures program.
Should you wish to begin the process of selling your home, please Contact Us. We are here to help you get your home on the market quickly, and safely, and effectively. We are still open!