If you have been thinking about listing your home or already have it on the real estate market, then you know the importance of an open house. A successful open house will not only generate interest in your home, it should attract a wide range of buyers and sell your home faster and at market value. As the premier agent for all your Vernon real estate needs, I would like to share the following ways to make your next open house a successful one.
Spread the Word
A successful open house starts with an advertising campaign that gets the word out to as many people as possible. The key to reaching a large audience is using a wide range of advertising techniques. These mediums should include:
- Word of mouth – spread the word to all your social circles and colleagues. Let them know the date, time and location.
- Post signs – post flyers around your neighbourhood and on busy intersections near your home to attract passersby.
- Social media and internet – use your Twitter and Facebook account to stir up interest. Advertise your open house on your online listing portfolio as well as other real estate pages.
Give your Home that Extra Touch
Well-staged and clean home is a must if you want to generate interest and attract potential buyers. However, beyond this there are some extra touches that you can provide that will only add to the success and the ambiance of your next open house. These include:
- Add a centerpiece to your dining room table and fill some vases with flowers and put them in your kitchen and bathroom. This will add colour as well as class to your display.
- Move the vehicles out of your driveway and if possible, keep the street parking in front of your home open as well. This will provide plenty of close parking for visitors and add another layer of convenience to your open house.
- Turn on all the lights in your home and open curtains and blinds. The better lit your home is, the larger it will appear.
Provide Added Details
A great way to keep your property fresh in the minds of a potential buyer and differentiate your open house from others is to provide a full colour brochure that highlights your home’s key selling features as well as some important information about your home. This information should include:
- The year your home was built and the contractor or builder responsible.
- The total square footage as well as square footage for each room.
- Any major renovations that you or a contractor have done to your home.
These helpful tips will help you draw a wide range of buyers and stir up awareness in your home. If you are interested in other ways to create a successful open house or are looking at listing your home on the Vernon real estate market, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team and look forward to working with you soon.