An attractive home exterior is a key component when it comes to selling your home. Potential home buyers are looking for the total package when it comes to buying a home and a well-staged home is just not enough. As the premier agent for all your Vernon real estate needs, I would like to share the following tips on how you can improve your home’s curb appeal and make your home a stand out.
A well-manicured yard is a great way to attract prospective buyers and make your home more desirable. Before putting it on the market, dedicate a weekend to cleaning the outside of your home and yard. When you are cleaning, make sure to go that extra mile and:
- Turn your hose on high or better yet, rent a power washer to wash the outside of your home, your fence, your driveway and any walkways around your home. When washing, be careful not to damage any caulking around your windows or doors and the shingles on your roof.
- Make sure to clean both the outside and the inside of your windows.
- Weed your yard and flowerbeds. Trim and prune bushes and shrubs. Mow your yard and remove debris.
Attention to Detail
Subtle changes to your home’s exterior can go a long way to help you put that final touch on your next open house. Some easy, yet effective transformations include:
- Replace or repaint your mailbox.
- Add house numbers to your front gate.
- Replace your mat to welcome guests at your front door.
- Add shutters to make your windows look bigger and break up your home’s exterior. To maximize their effect, choose a shutter colour that contrasts with the colour of your home.
- Add flowers, planters and hanging baskets.
A newly painted home is a great way to add value to your home and attract a wide range of buyers. If a fresh coat of paint is not in your budget, there are other, smaller painting projects that will still increase your home’s curb appeal.
- Add some colour to your front door. A brightly coloured door will make your home stand out amongst the completion. Red and yellow are always popular colour choices for your door.
- Paint the accent areas of your home such as the trim around your doors and windows. Again, try to find a colour that contrasts that of your home.
These simple tips will not only add value to your home, they will also help your home be notable. If you are interested in other ways to increase your home’s curb appeal or are thinking about listing your home on Vernon’s real estate market, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team. I look forward to hearing from you soon.